My son is 7 months old and has a hidden penis, I think the skin healed together, Is this going to hurt him in any way? Will they have to circumsize him again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jul. 18, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may need something done - check with his doctor.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• A hidden penis has to do with stuff on the inside not the skin growing together.If your concerned you can consult a uraligist
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 11:36 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• My son also has this, his pediatrician says that it is because he is chunky and once he starts growing taller that it will go back to normal? I don't know if she is right but I had him circumcised about 10 days after he was born and its always been like that, I still have to pull his little skin back with every diaper change to clean his wee wee. Maybe we can both get some advice?
    LindsayBrashear

Answer by LindsayBrashear at 12:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• My son is like this MOST of the time...it 'comes' out sometimes. I can't help but giggle...asking if I had a little girl. I am not concerned at all...he is a good size baby. Not FAT but larger. He is in 12-18 month cloths and he is only 8 months old. I wouldn't be concerned...if it is there when you clean it or every once in a while...it will be fine. Im sure of it.
    CGMom1107

Answer by CGMom1107 at 7:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I was able to pull it back before but I can't now, that is why I'm worried, I will ask DR. on monday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• To be safe, I would consult my peditrician
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• This is something that happens most often in Chubbier circumcised boys. The circumcision removes some lenght and the fat pad around the penis gives it the apperence of being hidden. as he thins out it will look better but he may always have a small penis
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 12:06 PM on Jul. 29, 2008