trimesters

I want to know how does the trimester starts What are the correct way they are set up because Ive been told different ways..Now I am confused... How does the trimester go really?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Each trimester is 3 months long. (tri=3 and you have 3 of them. 9 divided by 3 = 3).

So months 1-3 is the first. Months 4-6 is the second. Months 7-9 is the third.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 11:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i heard that the first trimester has 14 weeks, but the second has only 12... im confused too
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• 3 months is 13 weeks. Which only adds up to 39 weeks if you multiply that by 3, so one of them has 14 weeks, and it'll depend on who you ask as to where they put that extra week. I go by dates, personally; my pregnancy started on July 6, so my 2nd trimester started Oct 5 (week of the 6th), and my 3rd started Jan 4 (week of the 6th), so I'll be counting that extra week in the 3rd trimester. That makes the most sense to me, anyway, since your due date is actually 9 months and a week after your last period.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• There are 4.3 weeks in a month, not just for because the only month with 28 days is February.

First trimester is basically up until 13 weeks. Then second is 14-27 weeks, then third is 28-40 weeks.. or around there lol. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009