how do you know if you have had a niscarrage?

i have a heavy flow with blood clots

avahsmommie

Asked by avahsmommie at 11:22 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• With me, I had taken a test which came back positive. I had the normal symptoms of pregnancy (fatigue, breast tenderness, late period, etc). I was 3 days away from my first prenatal when it happened. It was just like a regular period ~ excpet heavier with more clots & more cramping. I was around 7-8 wks.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• With all 3 of my miscarriages, I had HORRIBLE cramping for 3 hours while everything passed. I had to take prescription pain meds to ease the pain. With the 2 later losses, I actually saw the sac when it passed. One was about the size of an egg and the other was about the size of a small sweet potato. I only bled heavy during those 3 hours and then it tapered off to a light flow.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• With all 5 of my miscarriages I had heavy bleeding and clotting for a few hours. With the first 2 miscarriages I had quite a bit of cramping with the bleeding but the other 3 I had no cramping. All of my miscarriages were around 7-8 weeks gestation.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 3:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009