Car seat.

I want to my my ds a new carseat. He turned two in September. Right now we have an Eddie Bauer convertiable carseat. But it looks like the straps don't adjust any higher. When he sits in it the straps look like they are pushing down on him. He is 32 pounds. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Britax Marathon is great. My Walmart just had a sale on them. You're son can even still sit rear facing in it if he fits the height requirements. This seat goes to 65 pounds. I have a safety first convertible seat (can't find another one like it) and it goes rear facing to 35 pounds and forward facing to 100 pounds.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i have the britax. It is supposed to be the safest carseat
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The safest seat is the one which fits the child and which fits properly in the vehicle. The more expensive ones (like Britax) aren't going to be the safest if they can't be installed properly or if the child doesn't fit properly in the seat.

How is your son compared to the height limit? Double check the straps about going higher.

We bought the Apex65. It harnesses up to 65lbs then converts to a belt positioning booster.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We have the Britax Marathon for our twins. I love them!
    However, I do agree with TiccledBlue: double check with your instruction manual. There should be a way to adjust the straps on the carseat you already have.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My daughter out grew her car seat at about 30 months because of her height. She is 39in and the seat Safety 1st Vantage Point SE says its for 22-40 pounds (5 point) and 30-100 belt position. But she is so tall her shoulders were over the top slot and yes i'm sure it was the top slot. Every kid is different. I have to look at height requirements more then weight because she is so big.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 6:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We have the Graco Nautilus. It converts from a forward facing seat to a booster seat with or without a back. It also goes up to 100lbs. Depending on your state's requirements that can make it worth the extra price. (Michigan requires boosters till 4'9" or age 11). Oh, it fits nicely in my Honda Civic too.

http://www.target.com/Graco-Nautilus-3-in-1-Car-Seat/dp/B0015W2S3Y/ref=sc_pgc_r_3_0/176-3070945-3058102?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009