when should i start planning my sons 1st bday party??

Im so excited LOL his bday is march13... and should I have his party at my house or one of OUR parents who's house is much bigger??

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son's birthday is March 8th and we have already started planning! I have the theme all picked out, and have already bought some of the decorations. I would suggest starting sometime soon.. within the next two weeks maybe. Most people I asked said invitations should be given about 2-3 weeks before hand.. so at least get those =]

umm... as far as where to have the party, that all depends on how many people you plan on inviting. i'm having my son's party at a park because we plan on inviting 30+ people, and there's no way they could all fit comfortably in the house.

hope this helps =]
    lmybo

Answer by lmybo at 1:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My DD's first birthday is this Saturday and we're super excited too! We started planning it about two months ago. It doesn't really matter. We're having it at my parent's house because it's alot bigger and we live right next door to them.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:53 AM on Jan. 20, 2009

• One month before.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how many people you are inviting. If you need more room for people to be able to visit comfortably, then I would suggest going for the larger house. Your parents house might end up being toy-free making it easier for guests to walk and clean-up easier, however, at your house where there are more toys, the kids might have more to entertain themselves with. Depending on how big and intricate you want your party to be is how early you will need to start planning. It also depends on how hectic your schedule is and how much time you're able to dedicate in order to plan it. If you're busy and it's a big party, start putting your ideas together and picking up things here and there right now.

NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I started lpanning my DD's birthday about 6 months before her b-day! lol I was crazy and ended up spending way too much money on things, but she had fun so thats all that mattered
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 12:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Start planning now, just so that you aren't a total mess when the time comes. We had my dd's at our parents. If their house is bigger and they don't mind go for it!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009