Help my 3 week old

Ok my son will be 3 weeks the 21st. He was on similac isomil (soy) but it made it hard for him to poop so I switched him to similac sensitive and now we are at the end of the can and he is throwing up everything he eats and I mean throw up it is spoiled formula that come up it has chunks in it. and then he is wanting more right after he throws up and it is not a lil bit. I had been putting mylicon in every bottle but not the last few and that's when he started so could it be that his stomach got used to the mylicon or what. It started last night when I put infants gas x in his bottle could that be it., I just did it in one bottle and he had thrown up with every bottle since. Except the one at 1 this morning. What do I do. HELP.

RachelOverkamp

Asked by RachelOverkamp at 11:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im not sure...id call your ped. My DD threw up a ton at the beginning so i switched her to good start and it subsided a bit
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 12:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You need to call his pedi and never change an infant's formula without talking to his pedi first!
    Anonymous

• take your son to his pediatrician h may be allergic to the formula you have been giving him

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it could be a lot of things. My daughter threw up on her formula too, and I asked her doctor and he said we were over feeding her. So I fed her less and more often. It worked. Sometimes babies seem hungry when they are just wanting to suck for comfort. But definitely check with the doctor first!
    HollieSpirit

Answer by HollieSpirit at 12:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would talk to his pediatrician. He might need a more hypoallergenic formula, or a lactose free formula. He might also be showing signs of Pyloric stenosis... which often starts around 3 weeks.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009