would you take the risk?? LOL I made chili last night and it sent me running to the bathroom like 15 minutes after eating.. it was soo good would you risk it and try eating it again or just throw it out (it didn't make hubby sick just me)

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Was the meat compromised? You are sure it was a good date? And it was refrigerated promptly after purchase. And the meat or the tomatoes didn't sit out for long enough for them to go bad? Your husband may have more tolerant digestion than you do. Probably it is OK, but when in doubt, throw it out.

Answer by Bmat at 12:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My dad's spaghetti ALWAYS makes me sick....however, every year when I visit them and they come here I have him make it because it's just so good!
    Anonymous

• well if it didnt make everybody run to the bathroom, i would risk it if it was that good lol

one time i ate a hamburger that made me run into the bathroom but i didnt stop eating hamburgers, dont know what happened.

that is....if you dont mind doing the same thing again!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Well, if it didn't make hubby sick ,I'd keep it. Who's to say it was really the Chili? 15 minutes is awfully fast to feel and effect from eating, but is possible. Maybe your tummy was just extra sensitive last night and would be fine today. It could be a bug you have and not actually the food. I'd give it a second try. If it does it to you again, or gets to hubby this next time then probably toss what's left.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If it didn't make anyone else sick, serve it again. If it bothered you that much, maybe make yourself something else.....or, eat it with lots of crackers or a sandwich.
    joycestew2002

Answer by joycestew2002 at 3:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009