i think we have a problem

i have a 9 yr old that doesnt talk much lately...i asked her what was wrong and she said she was sad but she didnt know why...we have evaluation done on her and they said SHE was fine.but she is picking up on my anxiety..i am trying to relax but my husband seems to be getting anxious.she is picking up on all these emotions.we have been having problems with the neighbors but i am a good job of ignoring,now my daughter has to write a story for school,she wrote all about when they used to play.ifeel bad,the mom doesnt let the kids out of the house.they have no play dates nor have they been out in the snow.i dont know if my daughter is picking up on this or what.please no bashing...i know we have a problem next store.being sarcastic doesnt help...:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• I take it your daughter was friends with the neighbors children until something happened. Your daughter is mourning a loss of a friendship, keep communication open, spend some extra time with her, does your daughter have any other friends you can arrange a play date with??

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yes, keep her busy with other friends if possible.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 1:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Be honest with her. Explain that relatioships sometimes change, and there is nothing we can do about that. Tell her it is okay to be sad about the lose of her freind and that maybe there will come a time that her mother changes her mind. Also, tell her that she can't stop living because she loses one friend. This will happen at different times in her life. Explain to her that her family is her best allies and she needs to keep talking to you and work on making new friends. Although, she can hold out hope that things will change and should always remain open and receptive to that posibility.
    PhillipsA7

Answer by PhillipsA7 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009