Do you think a lot of people have this mentality

that if everything is fine in their own lives nothing really needs improving in the rest of the world or they don't really need to pay attention to what is going on around them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. I think if everything is going well in your life, you have more time and energy to put towards helping others.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Some do, I gave my son a big X-mas and the prior week I went to help out at the Salvation Army for parents that needed a little help. I think when people understand the world doesnt revolve around the it would be a better world.
    Anonymous

• No but then again nothing is right in my life right now and I am still paying attention to the world around me because that is alot of why my life is so upside down right now.
    Anonymous

• Yea, my BIL and SIL do! When I talk to her about current events and people loosing their jobs their like oh well we're doing fine I'm not too worried about it.
    Anonymous

• Sadly, yes, I think too many people have that mentality.

I'd say that is a large contributor to the problems we are having now. If everyone were willing to look out for their neighbor, this world would be a much better place.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

sounds like my family and then they say that it is the persons fault.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009