When did you start?

When did you start feeding your baby fruits and vegies??

shauna9909

Asked by shauna9909 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started when they were about 4 months. I started mixing it into the cereal so that the cereal was a little thinker.

As they got older I woud give them pieces that they could pick up on their own. When they were little I could ground the fruit or veggies up. Sometimes I would use baby food or sometimes I would make my own.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I started feeding solids at 5 months. That's when my son was ready to start, and he didn't like the cereal, so we just went straight into fruits and veggies. You can start fruits and veggies anytime when they're ready for solids. Cereal is recommended to try first just because it's less allergenic, so as long as there aren't any problems with that, there's no specific timeline for other stage 1 foods.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I started my son on cereal at 4 months and then on fruits and veggies shortly after that. mostly I made my own and used a food processor, but recently my son (who is now 7 months old) will not really eat the puree's that i have made but he will eat small pieces of fruits and veggies, but heyas long as he's eating them, lol.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 12:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• cereal 3 mos, solids 4 mos
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 1:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I waited until my daughter showed signs that she was ready for solids which was about 6 months. She started with avacado and then we just slowly added new ones each week.
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009