whats worse?

having a baby when you don't really have the money to pay for the birth or having a baby with someone that is not married to you? i see women get bashed for the having a baby when you don't have insurance or the money to pay for it but i see all the time that girls are trying to have babies with their bf's. i think gosh he can just leave and then your raising a child all by yourself. i know this is drama but just wondered which you thought was worse. i think neither one is acceptable but seems the later is more accepted by people. why?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Neither one is ideal.

I don't think one is really "worse" than another though without taking in each situation and the varying circumstances.

We had insurance but we used state aid with our middle child. I would have used it with my oldest hadn't I even realized it was a possibility. We spent thousands and spent 4 years paying off our oldest child and our middle daughter was owned free and clear the moment she took her first breath.

But at the same time, you can have a BF that is exactly the same as a husband in every sense of the word just minus the paperwork. And you can have a husband who isn't a very good provider, spouse or father. So you can't really just lump everyone together.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Not to mention, I think this question is really insensitive. Because there are so many different reasons for every single situation. You aren't taking any of that into consideration and there are many many women on here who fall into one or both categories. This is bound to make someone feel bad when they shouldn't.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Try not to be judgmental you do not know what the situation is for the mom.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009