do some of u sometimes miss there old peaceful lives? though u adore your child but need peace?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yep. I miss my body too. lol
    Anonymous

• yes i do miss my life before but i wouldnt change a thing
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I know all about the missing the peace, but bear in mind that it is just temporary. As I sit here in my empty nest, I feel a pang for those times when the little ones were playing and laughing, when they'd run to me with their latest prize- a picture they'd drawn, or a spider (!), or when they'd enjoy the cookies that I'd just made, or ask questions about life. I miss the strong feeling of peace and accomplishment that I'd have when they were finally asleep for the night, and the feeling of love that I'd have when I'd check on them one more time before I went to bed. I know for sure you don't need me telling you this. You know it, of course. I just read your question and got to remembering, with a sad smile.

Answer by Bmat at 12:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes! When he goes for a nap I breathe a sigh of relief, and sometimes groan when I hear him stirring again. The minute I go in to him I'm delighted with his little smiles and happy to hang out and play with him until he goes down again, My husband tells me to go to bed at night when the baby does, but I need an hour to myself! To read, watch a taped TV show or catch up on my e-mails and laundry. It's both painful and delighful to give up my old selfish life, I think everyone looks back at life before baby with a certain regret for lost freedoms, but the rewards of our new life are certainly worth it. Make time for yourself when you can, even if it's just for a hot bath and cup of tea. I look forward to that the way I used to anticipate a day at the spa!
    wadesmum

Answer by wadesmum at 12:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I really miss my body, but thats not saying much because i was 16 so I wasnt even fully developed yet. I like my body now except the stretch marks and extra skin. I love my life now, but I can say I really really miss sleep!
    HollieSpirit

Answer by HollieSpirit at 12:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I miss freedom a little bit. I like showering and going to the bathroom when I want. But I would not trade that for the cute baby giggles I get everyday!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• thats why im a firm beleiver in early bedtimes! its so much fun to play with my son but if i didnt have some adult time for at least a couple of hours i would probably go a little nuts! my son goes down every night at 8ish and then its time to relax a little! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 1:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yes me and my husband have two kids a 3 yr old girl and a 10 month old boy and we joke about building our time machine.
    lwoolsey

Answer by lwoolsey at 11:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yea i miss my life..I'm 16 so.....lol but that Lil boy that is sleeping beside me..is the most important thing in my life ..and if i could go back i wouldn't change nothing!

happy

HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 22, 2009