Is there anyone who does medical coding online?

I was thinking about trying to start medical coding and I was wondering if anyone else does it. Could I make this career and really work from home? Do you have to have Hi-Speed internet or will dial up do? Who would be the best place to take the courses with? Thanks for your help in advance!

Jtsmom0621

Asked by Jtsmom0621 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• Medical coding is very hard to break into. The classes are expensive and it's hard to get hired. There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It’s too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I’ve been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes, I am an MT but CareerStep has Medical Billing and Coding classes. I would go for the Medical billing though. Tuition is tuition but CareerStep is very reputable and is in fact one of the top schools employers like to hire graduates from. They also have payment plans. Actually, if you enroll before the end of the month I can get you a discount of $250. Let me know if you are interested.
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 2:10 AM on Jan. 25, 2009