Is this going too far

I feel really inspired I think I'm going to mention naming our son Barack Joshua to DH, do you think its tacky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my sister is naming her son barack. i truly believe it will be a popular name soon.
    Anonymous

• Um yea! Too far! plus that name is weird.
    Are you seriously that obsessed?
    Anonymous

• Not obsessed! Inspired!
    Anonymous

• If thats what you want who are we to Judge you I say go with it

sunkist9

Answer by sunkist9 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• People name their kids stranger things for stranger reasons, so I don't see the problem.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Not my personal favorite for a name but it's most definitely not the worst I've heard.

I'm gonna bet that hubby shoots it down. LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 12:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was going to say, at least Barack is a name that isn't completely unheard of. I was surprised it was criticized as such a "black" name or whatever they were saying when the only other person I know with the name is a 67 year old white psychologist I used to work with. He spelled it Barrak though.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• whatever floats your boat but i think it would be cruel cause there will be those who don't support it and your leaving it open for your kid to get shit over it. if you don't want a happy kid go for it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Its not tacky, but everyone will know who you named your baby after. Not really original. See what he says and then let us all know
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It is ur child name him as u please..like it or not everyone he is our BIG P now ..
    and look at it this way..if he does good as our Big P ..ur son is named after a great man!!
    HAUTMAMMA3908

Answer by HAUTMAMMA3908 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2009