I recently read an article stating that the title of a "mother" can hurt chances at advancing in the business world. I'am a mother of two, ages 7 and 8, and am looking to advance in my career. Do you think my title as a mother will truly hurt my chances?

amaniotis

Asked by amaniotis at 12:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• The article doesn't mean squat if you want to have a career you can do it!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 1:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wow, I don't know... Let's look into the thesaurus and check out what we could use instead...
    Okay, I found these.. that might sound more interesting: predecessor, procreator, progenitor, source... You could say you were a Progenitor for several years... I like the sound of that actually.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 5:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Being a mom has never hurt me in my career. If anything it makes me more determined to excel.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009