What mistakes did Bush make?

Besides starting a war to defend us against terrorist ( who bombed us first) what did Bush mess up so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Saddam Hussein has terrorized many a nation and should have been handled long ago. Am I disappointed? No! He may have been found and dealt with in an indirect manner but he was a terrorist who was "taken care of" and should be an example to others like him that we do not tolerate hate mongers. As for Hurricane Katrina, there is a Governor and a Mayor. As for Mr. West's infamous, "Bush doesn't care about black people," I do recall seeing white "refugees." If anything the phrase should have been, "Bush doesn't care about the poor," and even that is cause for speculation. He kept our country safe and he provided stimulus. That is for all Obama supporters who are thrilled with Obama's stimulus...Bush did it first albeit in a different manner. Stop the Bush bashing and move forward with the POTUS of today.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i have no idea
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Why do we have to discuss Bush's mistakes? Will we ever stop bashing him? He did keep the country safe, and not everything that happened was his fault. You know we do have such a thing as a Congress, too. Also, there is a mayor of New Orleans and a Governor of Louisiana that should have been blamed for the problems caused by Katrina a lot more than Bush.

lynnem1211

Answer by lynnem1211 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Really, Saddam Hussein bombed us? I missed that news.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The war was declared against terrorism, Friday, not just Hussein! I'm not bashing him, I want to know where the bashers are, I want them to defend all these mistakes that they claim he made!
    Anonymous

she was talking about terrorist and yes he was one. look what he did to his own people and how he treated them sad..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• He protected our country and made us strong. Damn the man.

Answer by gemgem at 1:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Who cares really? He's no longer president and I no longer care to hear people bash him. It's kind of passe now don't you think...Bush bashing that is.

But to answer your question, I'm not sure that any of us know for sure what Bush actually did while in office. The media and the people who were against Bush from the beginning spent too much time inventing their own stories. Not that I have agreed with all of Bush's decisions, I absolutely have not. However, I really don't know that he was as evil a president as most want us to believe.
    Anonymous

• i think that everyone forgot about 9/11 already, we all stood behind him after the attack and then when we saw that our soldiers were getting killed then we stuck our tail between our legs and ran.

when you join the military you know what your getting yourself into, they people that join are not stupid they know the risks that they are taking give them some credit and some respect.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:20 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Putting a "Mission Accomplished" banner on an aircraft carrier shortly after Saddam Hussein was toppled from power.

The revelations of abuses at the Abu Ghraib detention camp in Iraq, which he described as a "huge disappointment."

Never turning up weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, which he called a "significant disappointment."

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009