Tummy time can be frustrating for my daughter after 5 minutes or so....Is there any way to make her more comfortable, or enjoy it more? Or, is this just a normal span of tolerance for someone who can only lift her head to 45 degrees?

f249571

Asked by f249571 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 5 minutes is plenty of time. Just put her down a couple of times a day. My son HATED tummy time for the longest time... and he got stronger he learned to like it more. Now he doesn't mind it too much, but still doesn't like to be down there for long periods of time.

To make it more fun for her... get down on you tummy with her and talk to her and sing... show her toys.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• try i boppie that always helped my son to spend alittle more time on his tommy or on the floor .. after a while she will learn to like it after a while my doctor told me at least 15 min for tummy time .. keep trying .. you can also try laying in fornt of her with a toy and play with it a bit then put it down and walk away .. her problem is that she is bord and wants to be able to look around being on her tommy she cant see much ... DONT GIVE UP
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You get 5 Minutes! Thats great! My 6 mo old wont do it that long. She gets angry and cries. I just keep trying several times a day.
    danahj79

Answer by danahj79 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Try putting her on your chest while you're lying down instead of putting her on the floor. That's the only way my son would tolerate it, and it works the same muscles. Plus your face is probably more interesting for her to look at than anything else. When she gets stronger and starts rolling over on her own, she'll probably like it more.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Hayden was the same way at that age.. I just used the boppy and that made her last a while longer... of course there really isnt much to look at in that position so they get bored lol
    I agree with the last person also, putting her on your chest while you lay down will work as well... I also tried all kinds of other pillows to see if there was one that she liked laying on better.
    tiffani_qt2001

Answer by tiffani_qt2001 at 9:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2009