How do moms deal with their baby's dad having another girl around their child?

My baby's father is having another baby by someone else. She's younger than me and i can't stand her what do i do?

DSL21086

Asked by DSL21086 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• grow up and not to be rude but its life. Just be nice when you have to see her you dont have to like her and you dont have to be friends but for your childrens sake be civil. My sons father just remarried a women i cant stand about a year and half ago but for my sons sake we smile and pretend to like one another. Its the way life is at times. He doesnt like my husband either but you have to be a adult for your child.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It really stinks when there is tension..but for the love of your child...since the baby your X is having with the GF will be a sibling to your child...try to stay cool...be who you are but keep it as calm as possible...a lot of people have families like the one you are entering...for the love of your child try your best to make it as positive as you possibly can.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i never liked that either but can you do not much. so learn to accept it. the sooner the better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i mean can't do much
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I hate that my sons dads GF is around my kid so much, but I know her from high school and I know that she is good with kids, so I guess Id rather it be her than some random chick... you just kinda have to deal with it... Im sure my son's father isnt thrilled that my BF has been around so much either, but I just look at it as my son has two families (well actually alot more, but 2 immediate families) and extra people to love him...
    blondie09

Answer by blondie09 at 1:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You need to get over it, after all it was your choice who you slept with, it's not your child's fault who his/her father is. So, you have to grow the hack up and fast and not fill your child;s head with your drama. your child is about to have a sibling, and your child shouldn't hate his sibling's mother or his/her sibling. It is in the worst of times that we show who we truly are, after all it's very easy to be polite, act with respect and treat others with value when everything is going well. It is in the hard times, in the ugly times that we prove what we are made of and who we truly are.

Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009