How do we talk with out thinking one another is being selfish?

Ok so hubby and I have tried to talk about how we are going to go about things since I found out about my IC and everytime we do, I think he is being a selfish jerk and only thinking about himself. So how do we talk about how we are going to get through this without him sounding like a jerk or me taking it that way? Any and all suggestion appreciated!
If you need more info. to be able to help let me know. Thank You

momof51998

Asked by momof51998 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• What is an IC? Maybe that would change my "advice"...but without that knowledge:

There is this "activity" you guys can do, where you basically argue the other person's POV. Instead of you trying to force your opinions and ideas/reasoning's on your husband, you tell him why his reasons are better/good. He does the same thing. Basically you don't even mention why you want things or what things you want, and neither does he. It gives you an opportunity to step outside yourself and try and see things from the other person's side. It's really hard to do this if you do it honestly and without holding back.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• IC, is interstitual cystitus, it's a chronic bladder condition.
    momof51998

Answer by momof51998 at 1:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009