Is this true or a rumor about Obama?

I was told he is trying to get rid of the Christian or Godly channels on tv. Rumor or true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm gonna go with RUMOR.

Just like pretty much everything else that gets spread about him.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Rumor, to get rid of a channel he can't just give the word. The President is the commander and chief of the military. Everything else has to get approved!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No dont think so I think what youre confusing it with is trying to repeal the Fair Doctrine Act.
    http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2053

Answer by gemgem at 1:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• That should be the UNfairness doctrine act.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ok- that is MYTH- sheesh- where did you find this at?
    lovetoteachec

Answer by lovetoteachec at 1:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Its only unfair if you dont agree with whats being said, if you agree then its fair? Gotcha.

Answer by gemgem at 1:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• True. The liberals want to get rid of God in our country and they will try anything to do it. It is called socialism.
    Anonymous

• Good grief, I can't believe anyone would even believe that or let that slip out of their mouth.

Anonymous

• No, it's totally true. It's also true that all white people are to report to their masters Monday morning at dawn..........least that's what the scared white folk in my area says....lol.
    I think it's hillarious how people think a president can just say, "OK...no more Christian broadcasting" and it would just happen...it doesn't work that way!
    Besides, why would he even want to?
    Today America embarks on a new level of change, but not in the sense people are saying.
    I'm so proud this morning. :)
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 1:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wow. LOL, Do you honestly think he would be president if he was trying to eliminate God on tv and media? Wow. Of course that is a rumor. People are just jelous that he is smart,ambitious and has accomplished so much. Get over it.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 1:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009