Did your face get fat?

I'm 33 weeks and noticing my face is getting a little fatter. I may be developing a little double chin, too. My sister was like "you finally look pregnant and your face looks fatter too!" I really hope it goes back down once I lose the baby weight. Has this happened to anyone else? Did your face go back down? I'm pretty sure it has to do with bloating, as my feet/ankles are starting to swell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• OMG MY FACE GOT HUGE. hahaa.. I hated it. and my fingers and my thighs.. *sigh* i'm getting depressed I don't want to talk about it anymore. hahhahaa
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My face was fat too. Don't worry it will go right back down
    Anonymous

• yes, that happened to me. I totally understand how you feel right now. My sister told me that same thing too! She's like, "Damn, your face looks fatter! You even look pregnant." After I had my baby, my face went back to normal (3 days after). I had my feet/ankles also very swollen and that went away a week after I had my baby but that was because I had an IV and all the liquids made me stay swollen longer. But don't worry you will go back to normal...
    ixadorexpink

Answer by ixadorexpink at 1:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes my face got fat too! And I didn't even notice! My legs and ankles were also swollen more than I thought - the reason I noticed was that the day after I delivered, I looked down and saw they looked skinny again! It goes away so soon after delivery.... don't worry it's all worth it :)
    twiceamom623

Answer by twiceamom623 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• http://talesofanordinaryhousewife.blogspot.com/2008/02/fat-face.html

haha, this made me feel better.
    Anonymous

• I have to ask ...Is it a girl???? When I was expecting my daughter I got fat everywhere- I swear even my earlobes got bigger- NO JOKE! Some swelling is normal, but if it starts to seem excessive or bother you in any way- def have your obgyn check you out, just to be sure.

BTW- I lost all my baby fat after her and actually looked better post baby then before she was born- so Yes, with diet and a little hard work-- after baby you sure can get your body back!!!!!!!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Me too. It will go down after the birth. Everything seems to get fatter furing pregnancy...... lol
    MacRayMom

Answer by MacRayMom at 2:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Right now, I am almost 28 wks and you couldn't tell except in my face! I AM PREGNANT IN MY FACE!!! LOL! It is ridiculous! I start lamaze class tonight with a pregnant face instead of a pregnant belly!! It's weird!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 2:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes, I'm pregnant with a girl.
    Anonymous

• YES WHEN I WAS PREGNANT MY FACE GOT SO HUGE WELL IT WAS JUST MY CHEEKS WELL EVERYTHING WAS FAT.BUT NOW EVERYTHING WENT BACK TO NORMAL
    noahsmommy-010

Answer by noahsmommy-010 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009