Lice/nits?

My niece came home with lice/nits. Out of everyone that she's played with/been around/roommates, she was the only one to have them. So everyone treated their hair, even if they didnt have it. We sprayed lice stuff over everything.Tied up the stuffed animals and blankets untill we wash them. Even bombed the house. My friends 2 year olds came home last night, and this morning I went in to check their heads, and they had nits. No one that my niece had played with been in contact with had even nits. Shes too young for school, and doesnt go to daycare/babysitter. Where did the lice/nits come from? How do we make sure they stay away? Now just the two year olds have it, not my niece or any of the rest of us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• did you wash the bedding? put the pillows in the dryer? also you can either pull off the nits or treat. you will still have to pull them off even w/ treatment. go to http://www.headliceinfo.com and call the doc for how to rid those things off.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wash everyones bedding in hot water, wash all shared blankets, pillows in the house in hot water, and call the pediatrician to find out how to treat the children.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We have washed the bedding/pillows. Sprayed/vacumed/bombed. Everyone was treated with lice shampoo, nits combed out, etc. Even if they didnt have anything. Any ideas on how 2 year olds got this?
    Anonymous