Did I have a right to get mad because he was having issues? Is this all my fault?

I just broke up with my boyfriend. He wants so much from me and I find it hard to give him everything I have without losing myself in the process. We make plans and I end up not hearing from him most of the day because he is sleeping, finally when I get a hold of him, I am angry because he didn't keep his plans with me because he has fallen in a black hole and is depressed. He says the meanest things to me. Our last coversation, he said that I was a fake, a follower, that he couldn't live with me, that no one will ever want to be with me and that I should be understanding to why he couldn' be with us. He does this everytime we plan something on his days off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes I would be really upset if my SO planned something with me and then just didn't show. Even if it was a one time thing, but if he did it often, I'd be pissed.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would be pissed too, but I'm in a pissy state today, so I couldn't give an objective answer if I tried too. Sorry I'm not much help today.
    momof51998

Answer by momof51998 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I would have to tell him that I appreciate him telling me all of that, it'll help me to get over losing him and then smile and wave as I headed out the door.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:43 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it sounds like h'se is just not into you. it's pretty obvious so don't get back with him. be thankful. he doesn't love you. the sooner you realize that the better.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you deserve better. it is a new year get out more and socialize and you will find someone who deserve you. Like the saying goes when a door closed and window open.. Keep your head up and keep moving. He is not the one for you and people like that block your blessings. So he is doing you a favor really. Life is too short to stress over someone that is not worth your time
    Chu-Chu1973

Answer by Chu-Chu1973 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Sounds like he wants his freedom of doing what he wants and getting some nookie on the side from you. I doubt he wants to even be comitted and he might even not be faithful to you.
    My advice: Don't get back with him.
    Anonymous