Hair Dye

I AM 18 1/2 WEEKS PREGNANT WOULD IT HURT TO GET MY HAIR DYED.

becbec71705

Asked by becbec71705 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My sister did all the way through hers.. but i wouldnt.. Even after i had the baby i waited cause my hair wasnt in normal state.. Sometimes it wouldnt take..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I heard you're not supposed to in the first trimester...I did dye my hair throughout though. Asking your doctor would be the safest bet.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 2:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Hair dye won't hurt the baby the only reason why pregnant women should not get there hair done during pregnancy is cause the color you trying to dye it will either not take or if your like me and try to do blonde during pregnancy my hair ended up green. Ive been doing my hair blonde since i was 11 and that was the first time it ever turned green.
    Anonymous

• the last one is exactly right. im a hair dresser and even though i know how it goes i still researched when i was pregnant and there is no evidence that the fumes or anything even remotely harm the baby. just be careful you dont have any cuts on your scalp so it doesnt get in your bloodstream. the reason they tell you not to dye your hair is because your hormones are TOTALLY outta whack and the dye may or may not react differently to that. you dont want to make your hair two different colors. however, ive only ever really noticed a negative effect when trying to lighten the hair. going darker seems ok. but always ask your dr AND your hairdresser befor doing anything! =)
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 2:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009