what kind of games can help for kids to learn more

hi i want to know what kind of games we can play to help the baby to bring best out of him which make him love to learn more and increase of his abilities ,make his memory strong and learn alot in age of 2 to 3 year i will be thankfull

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Any Leap Frog toys are great. My son at that age loved the Fridge Phonics and Word Whammer. V-Tech also makes great learning toys that are fun.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My son at two knew things that many 3 year old have not learned yet. I never sat down to play a formal game or teach a formal lesson. The first thing i do is read read read!! The second thing i do is just talk to him while he plays. For example, if he is coloring i talk to him about what colors he is using, or the size of the marks he is making. I also try to talk with him about how he feels, or what he is thinking. And ask them questions too.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 2:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have a Gymboree book called "The Parents Guide to Play"...I love it there are a lot of fantastic activities that use the things that you already have around the house. I suggest taking a look at it. I also have another one from Gymboree called Toddler Play, they are essentially the same thing...but the Parents Guide has more in it.
    Lacey1012

Answer by Lacey1012 at 2:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Children aren't really ready to play games (like the kind in a box, board, card games etc.) until somewhere between 3 and 4 years of age.

The best way to teach your child at this point is to read to him as much as you can and talk to him as much as you can. When you're playing with his toys you can talk about colors. For example: "oh, look, you have a blue ball" or "What color is that? Is that a red truck?" You can read books with the alphabet and numbers in them. If you consistently show them letters and numbers they'll learn to recognize them.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 2:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• any leap frog toys fridge alphebet magnit the three little piggiysebet singing the alph
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 8:37 PM on Jan. 21, 2009