Why are you angry with Bush?

Please give real reasons...
My reason is that he chose to decieve the American public, making them think that the reason we were in Iraq to fight terrorism and WMD. He made too many choices that I feel were wrong for our country. I give him credit for good handling of 9/11. I give him credit for Afghanistan. It was neccesary. I don't think he handled Katrina well. He could have ordered things differently, and to be fair, I think if the danger presented itself again he would handle it differently.
I would like to hear from you real reasons, mistakes that Bush made. I am not here to bash him, just to find out bad policies and mistakes you think he made.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My biggest issue with Bush, is he made it obvious how little respect he had for the people that he was leading.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 2:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'm not angry with Bush, imo, I think he delegated too much while concentrating soley on the war for 7 years. Not completely his fault, and maybe the way it was meant to be, but nevertheless, he could have been more watchful.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• After the division of the 2000 election, I really did try to support Bush even though I voted for Gore. Since 9/11 I have become more interested in politics and history so have done quite a bit of reading, research and discussing. I believe Bushco (this includes Cheney, Rumsfeld etc) planned Iraq before he was ever elected and used 9/11 to help further his agenda including the PA. Many don't know but Clinton signed similar legislation that the Rep congress approved but the USSC struck it down. I believe Bushco is more concerned about the rich and corporate profits than the people or environment.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My problem with Bush was spending like a Drunk Democrat and growing Social Entitlements even more than Clinton did. He was a Conservative in many ways when it came to spending he was a Liberal.

Anonymous

• I'm not even the slightest bit angry. I don't think he was perfect but I am danged glad he was the one in their for the last 8 years...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I just felt that he didn't express himself well and I think he could have had a more "head's up" approach during his presidency. i think there were times when it seemed as if his head was in the sand.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 2:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• As for the war, after 9/11, the American people were screaming for blood. The United Nation was urging the US to get involved in Iraq to prevent Israel from just nuking everyone. So George Bush gave in to what the American people and the UN wanted. Now he is being condemned by the very people who urged him to get involved. And the rest of the world looks at us as monsters.

Let's imagine that Bush had gone the other way. He ignored the wishes of the American people to go after those responsible. And say he ignored the requests of the UN. Israel would have obliterated the countryside causing the deaths of many many innocent civilians. The rest of the world would be looking at the US as monsters for not stopping Israel. The American people would be appalled and condemning the president because he didn't do what the people wanted.

Either way, he would be condemned and our country would be considered monstrous.

(cont.)
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am a democrat, and I voted for Obama. I wouldn't have ever voted for Bush because I disagree with his stand on the issues that I care about. Yes, Bush has come across as an idiot on occasion, but who hasn't ever put their foot in their mouth or fumbled a point they were trying to make. The man is human and we aren't perfect. He is a former President of the United States. Whether he dealt with the problems in the right way or not, he did what he thought best at the time. He had a lot of pressure from all directions and deserves our respect now. So let it go. If you don't like him, he isn't in office anymore. Just move on.
    casperskitty

• I didn't support Bush going into Iraq. I felt that came from left field.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 20, 2009