Did anyone else support Obama who is not a liberal?

I am a WHITE, conservative Christian who supports President Barak Obama and the hope he represents. I know I am not the only one!

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a white Christian and voted for Obama. I am very moral but hate how we treat people in this country, and think this Iraq war was so wrong.Even if I had been conservative I would have voted for change after all the greed and corruption and abuse of power in this last administration.
    Gapeach001

Answer by Gapeach001 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I support him because he is our president but I don't have to agree with him.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am a moderate, and I voted for Obama.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I usually tend to go conservative but Obama had my vote and my support.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Of Course..... An Entire Country did, Hello????
    Kay300

Answer by Kay300 at 2:36 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• As a born again Christian I cannot support someone who thinks it is OK to murder babies and will sign a bill that makes some vile procedures legal once again. So no he is not someone I support. I will always respect the office but never will respect a man who thinks baby killing is OK. He is not a Christian if he feels harming Gods creation in the womb is OK.

Anonymous

• I'm a conservative Christian and I cannot support murder through this war. I think it's wrong to only look at same sex marriage and abortion as the only basis for Christians to vote...hello what about murder?!
    And I support Obama not only because he is black!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i do not belong to a party and refuse to and i support his policies.... i voted for him.... the choice was really really obvious to anyone with half a brain... considering the econ and all....
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:48 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I am an independent and I would not consider myself a "liberal" I am more of a moderate. I am a charismatic christian as well.
    Lovebama

Answer by Lovebama at 3:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Anon 1:39, you are not going to change anyone's mind on abortion. You have the right to your opinion and so do the rest of us. Once you can respect the opinions of other's and pull in the reigns on that judgmental, hyppocritical veil of christianity, then perhaps you will pass for christian yourself.

I am a bit of both, liberal and conservative actually, and I voted for Obama. Proudly. And I hope he is the great man he can be and proves himself to our country. And then I hope to be voting for him again in 2012.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 3:18 PM on Jan. 20, 2009