Do you think fast food gets addictive?

First, before anyone thinks I'm blaming fast food companies for my burger habit, I know they're bad for me when I walk through the door...I'm just saying:

I've been home on leave the last couple weeks, but before my leave, I had been having a serious bout of laziness and was eating lunch out and picking up fast food for dinner a lot on the way home. The first few days home NOTHING sounded good to me except fast food. Now that I've been home for a couple weeks and cooking real food every meal, fast food just sounds greasy and disgusting, but while I was eating it you couldn't have convinced me it was gross.

What do you think?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know people that have been strict vegan/vegetarian for a while and they feel the same way about meats and dairy. I havent been eating fast food for a while, and when I do eat it, it makes me feel very heavy and weighed down. but when i was eating it every single day...i could eat ALOT of it. which was probably why I was considered obese for my height. I was around 160 pound.
    HollieSpirit

Answer by HollieSpirit at 2:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Before I got pregnant, I hadn't touched fast food in 8 years. Then one night I craved a Whopper. After that it was CRAZY!! After I had my son, I wanted to lose the weight (only naturally) so I swore off the whoppers!! Now I wouldn't touch fast food with a 20 foot pole. I think you are so right! (But I am also not blaming the fast food companies!) I think it is like crack for pregnant women!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 2:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes... my b/f is going to get some right now :S we are hungry and its just so easy and good. Horrible I know.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes it is. Before we had dd, we rarely even went grocery shopping. The thought of cooking when I could just go buy a yummy burger and fries seemed crazy. Now that I cook all the time, when I do have fast food it's kind of like 'ick'. We almost sunk back into it a few months after she was born. I was in the hospital and when I got home I couldn't do much cooking. It became yummy again lol. But we got out of it pretty quick thankfully.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• No i think convenance is addictive.... The only reson we eat out is cause dont want to ahve to fix it at home..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I don't think the food itself is addictive... I think I was just addicted to being lazy and going to a drive-thru and getting my meal hot and within minutes was a lot easier than pulling out pots and pans, ingredients, waiting for everything to cook, etc etc. It's weird cuz before SO left for his month of training, we ate out a lot, but now that he's gone I don't mind cooking for myself.
    Amanda_Jeanne

Answer by Amanda_Jeanne at 2:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I work fast food. I am a manager at a major fast food chain. I eat it every day at work, and on my days off, I miss it! What is wrong with me?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree that the convenience is nice, but I was to the point where I thought it tasted so much better than anything else. Now I think NASTYYYYY...it was so greasy and gross. I think about it like people who have switched from regular to diet soda saying they hated it at first but now the regular tastes thick and nasty to them. IDK, but I'm glad its over...lol...it is so much more expensive than cooking at home, god knows its horrible for you, and now it tastes bad to me...woohoo!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Tep, I think it's addictiv because it;sso easy to just go throughe thru or pop into a Mc Donald's . I think it';s the convienence also.
    PoohBear424

Answer by PoohBear424 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• yes it can be adicting
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 21, 2009