• In the Spotlight:

soup which is easy and yummy

i want to know any soup which smell good and yummy ,easy to make

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I just had taco soup for the first time last week. It was so good I ate three bowls full, my 2 year old ate two bowls full. I'm not sure exactly what is in it, or how exactly to make it. I posted a question on how its made down below. So you can check on the replies for that. It is so delicious and smells so good. Its a one pot meal. You just cook up hamburger, then put it with the rest of the ingredients and let it heat up.
    Anonymous

• Easy creamy tomato soup (my Granny's recipe)

1 quart jar home canned tomatoes, juice and all (you can use the flash steamed ones too, use the whole ones)

Equal amounts of milk as tomatoes

Pinch of Baking Soda

Basil, salt, and pepper to taste.

Add tomatoes to a sauce pan, crush with your fingers THEN turn on the heat and heat till warm (when you stick your finger in it, you can take it very long)
    In another sauce pan heat milk to the same temp (this is importnat!)
    Add the soda to the milk and stirr.
    Then add the milk to the tomatoes (NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!)
    Add spices and enjoy! Serve with toasted bread or croutons. Easy, cheap, and mighty tastey!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Soup is pretty easy and I find that the conveniences of having prepped veggies in the produce aisle is nice. Also, the base of the soup doesn't have to be difficult either...a chicken stock or beef (cans of broth) and altering them with seasoning and sometimes diced/seasoned tomatoes. I often add meat like stew beef or chicken and pasta works too.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• 2 cans Vegetable Beef and Barley soup (Cambell's)
    2 bags boil in bag rice, Cooked
    1 lbs ground hamburger
    6 C water or more as needed to be soupy, as rice can soak it up
    season salt to taste
    2 beef bullion cubes

Cook hamburger in large pot and in another pan cook rice. add soup and water and seasonings, cook. Add rice and cook a little longer to absorb the flavors. Eat. Also tastes good the next day. Good luck and enjoy.
    BriNiMom

Answer by BriNiMom at 4:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009