1st prenatal exam caused confusion!!

I had my last period May 20 so that should put me around 8 or 9 weeks but at my exam the doc said i was further than that and i feel like i'm around 21 or 22 weeks!!! i took 2 preg tests in april and they came back negative. Could that be possible?!?!

miss_carolina

Asked by miss_carolina at 12:12 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Last year when I though I was pregnant I went to the docs and got a test done and it said negative... about a month or two later I went back and took another test that said I was prego... this put a little strain on a few things and I had to get a paternity test done on my son just to be sure of everything... it all turned out like I thought but it happened to me too girl... hope you have a little better experience than me!
    LindsayBrashear

Answer by LindsayBrashear at 12:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• they normally will do a sonogram to check the size of the baby, and from that they get an idea of how long you are pregnant... did they do one for you?? if you had your period on May 20th then you are almost 9 weeks, are you 100% positve that was the date??
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• On what is the doctor basing his diagnosis of you being 21 or 22 weeks pregnant? Did he do an ultrasound?
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 12:26 AM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i have an ultrasound tomorrow. the doctor first said 8 weeks based on my last period which was definitly May 20th but when she felt my stomach she said i felt much further along, around 21 or 22 weeks. i guess all i can do is wait for tomorrow!!
    miss_carolina

Answer by miss_carolina at 11:43 AM on Jul. 20, 2008