Pounds come and Go???

okay as of today i am 24 weeks pregnant and i know that gaining weight is normal and all but is loosing weight normal to every week my weight will go up some and then down some is that normal??? another thing when they measure your uterus after that they check the heart beat how do the know were the baby is. Because my doctor finds him in a second and boom there is my litte ones heart a beatin how do they do it??

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My weight fluctuated during this pregnancy too. if your doc was worried he would let you know. as far as finding the heart beat he's just good cause it always take them a sec to find my daughters
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It's probably water weight that's making your weight go up and down.
    Anonymous

• As long as you're still going up more than you're going down, fluctuating a little isn't going to hurt. I'm just over 40 weeks now and my weight actually dropped 2lbs this last visit. With my last pregnancy I lost weight my first trimester and then gaining was hit or miss for my 2nd trimester due to really long morning sickness. If you're getting good nutritious food in, don't worry about the numbers much.

As far as finding the heartbeat, my doctor can feel through my belly how my baby is positioned...also your tummy is going to be denser where the baby is lying. My daughter is always laying on my right side and you can almost see her bulge just from looking at it.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I think it is cool they can do that i didn't think anyone or someone could find him he likes to hide but iwas shocked when she did it the last two times.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 2:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• if you were underweight or over weight to much your dr would let you know and they find the baby by its heart beat
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009