The best advice you ever ignored

"Save your money"-DAD.

Granted I didn't ignore it too long...but in high school you couldn't have convinced me to save a dime and I could have graduated high school with quite a bit of money in the bank if I had only listened. My first couple years out of school I blew every dime I had too. Fortunately I managed to come to my senses around 19 or 20 when I wanted to buy a house and started thinking about a family and I have never been in debt, but I blew 3 years where I was free to save.

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "Don't do drugs" - DARE
    Anonymous

• "Don't marry him"
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Don't try to fix it... concerning my offering advice when family members were squabbling.

Answer by Bmat at 2:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Ooohhh Bmat that is a good one! A pastor I used to work with told me something similar with my sister when she was in an abusive relationship and just wouldn't leave. She told me "You can't make her decisions for her, you just have to be there for her when she needs you". That has held true for a lot of things.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Get out of this town... I didn't and now I'm stuck here because my b/f/ baby daddy doesn't want to leave. It's to small for my liking.. not enough to do. And it's Wisconsin... winter depresses me literally. I really wish I lived some where warmer and that had sun all year long. I get so lazy and moopy during the winter... I feel like I waste half of every year because of it.

dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 2:31 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• When you are the main caregiver and support in the family you have to take time for yourself and put yourself first every once in a while. Don't feel guilty about not being everything to everyone.
    2mommies4g

Answer by 2mommies4g at 2:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wait until your married to have sex-Mom
    If you save your money now you'll be thankful you did later-Mom and Dad.

I regret both of those horribly!
    DH and I struggled so bad and still do with money.
    I was with 1 person before him. I was in a long relationship with the other person and thought I'd "be with him forever." lol so naive.
    Anonymous

• I'd have to agree with your advice. I wish I would have spent my three years working for nothing saving. I did save eventually and I'm glad I did but I would have more money than I do now.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• don't wipe with poison ivy. hard lesson learned.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 3:37 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• loss your loser boyfriend who turned into ex husband. stop your drug use. well i did stop just not soon enough. keep your legs closed.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009