pain for 3 days

Im 24 weeks pregnant and have been getting sharp cramping pains in my lower back for 3 days now and it's mostly on my left side. Could i be having small contractions or could it just be normal pregnancy pains? And i should say my stomach every once in a while gets really tight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first i was going to say its probably stretching ligaments or siactic nerve pain but since your tummy is getting tight to it may just be braxton hicks they are fake contractions to get your body ready for having the real thing. If you are really concerned call your dr but at the very least let him know at your next apt.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• you could be having braxton hicks, I would call your doctor and let him know
    persuasion91297

Answer by persuasion91297 at 2:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had the same thing happen to me... My doc. didn't seem concerned... It could be the baby moving over there... But I don't think it's seious. Unless there are other symptoms like back pain... After a few times doc. thought it could be an infection in the kidney... but it was nothing... So..
    reneesloop

Answer by reneesloop at 2:32 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I know i had that pain in my back and like you said for about 4 days or so and i went in they checked my urine, blood, and did an ultrasound on my kidneys it turned out i had a kidney inflamation so i would call or go in to make sure that it isn't just ligiament stretching.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 2:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Could be the baby sitting on your sciatic (sp?) nerve. That happens to me a lot but as always if you are worried call the doc.
    Anonymous

• your getting small contractons
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009