Daughter missing daddy

M husband has been gone for 2 weeks now with the military. my 6 month old gets all crazy at 5pm when her daddy is normaly home from work I dont know what to do she just crazy for at least two hours till he can call us at 7. Its starting to get to me I dont know how much of it i can take. I have post partum depression. Does anyone have an ideals of what i could do to get her not to cry anymore. I'll try anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have picture frames now that you can record a message on, maybe during one of the phone calls you could have him say a few things to her and recodrd them, then whenever shes restless she can both hear and see her daddy
    mandei1509

Answer by mandei1509 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Can he make a video or something like that? This happened with us when I went back to work. My husband and I work alternate shifts and for a long time, my daughter was miserable when I left. He recorded a little video of me on his cell phone and would show it to her throughout the night while I was gone. However, fortunately with us, I was able to see her the next morning when she woke up. For an extended absence, I am not sure if it would work as well. Good luck, and contact your doctor for help with controlling your postpartum depression. It will go a long way with helping you cope.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I agree with the video you can play it around five and she will think her dad is there.
    sweetpea808

Answer by sweetpea808 at 3:26 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Ahh that's sad.... if he could make a video that would be great, or pics maybe even a recording of his voice? As sad as it is I think it will just take time for her to get accustomed.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I'm a PPD mommy too. It's SO hard to adjust to being a mommy in the first place,I'm so sorry you have to deal with this on top of it... I would just say to do a video or if theres a way you could get a webcam so she can see him,and hear his voice.my friends step daughter went through this for a lilwhile when her hubby went to iraq... It;s a hard thing I wish you the best,and if you ever need to chat let me know!
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• let her tal on the phone with him ask him to make her a video so she can see him
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009