What ever happened to good grammar?

Am I just an old fogey but what ever happened to proper English? "Me and him" is not proper grammar. It should be "he and I".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• What happened to it? It went right out the window with proper spelling and caring about how one is perceived.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:46 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have real issues with grammar and spelling actually. I am the go-to gal at work when it comes to these things.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It's laziness. Some people just don't take the time to practice good grammar, I guess. You can probably attribute some of it to the extreme amounts of text messaging going on today also. And don't worry, you're not the only old fogey out there, I'm right there with you...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• There has never been absolute, complete, proper grammar in this world. Why bother?
    Anonymous

• I guess texting has really relaxed spelling and grammar to an all time low.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 2:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• People are just too lazy to learn the correct way anymore.....
    Anonymous

• I text a lot, but I refuse to use the shorthand and the abbreviations and such. My texts are always really long as far as characters because I won't shorten them.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Good for you.Honestly, most people get also intimidated and tell me to stop using big words. Family that is will state that. It is sad indeed to have to text down to make everyone happy and also speed things up as usual. Ugh.....
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009