at what age?

can you give your child a blanket and when do you start to let them cry them selfs to sleep?

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 2:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I still don't use blankts for my daughter and she's 11 months, I put her in a wearable blanket.
    Anonymous

• i don't let my children or babies cry themselves to sleep.
    as far as the blanket goes, once they can sit up you can give them a blanket to use but i always preferred to dress them warmly so that a blanket was not necessary.
    Anonymous

• We covered them with blankets from the beginning. It was too cold not to.

As for crying themselves to sleep...you have to be comfortable with it first of all. After that, I would say when you know there is NO reason they should be waking.....not hungry, not wet, not dirty, not hurt, not sick, etc....but when YOU're comfortable with it...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• we started our son with a blanket from the beginning too, and with the crying i guess it depends when you feel comfortable to let them, its never to early to start..
    mblucky

Answer by mblucky at 3:30 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You can give a blanket once they are very mobil - crawling for example. At that point, you know they probably won't get trapped in them.
    For letting them cry - it's really up to you. Most sources suggest waiting until 6 months. Some say a year. Some say never.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• We started using a blanket early on, not sure how old they were though. I don't let my children cry themselves to sleep. I make sure they are happy and dont' need anything and if they cry I go in and check on them.
    Ashley53

Answer by Ashley53 at 4:06 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I have always put a blanket on my son and he has layed on his tummy. If I put him on his back, I try to cover him some other way tho because he has started to grab everything and bring it up to his mouth and several times I have found him in bed with the blanket over his head! As for crying himself to sleep, I have let him do that from the beginning. My husband is always telling my son (who is only 4 months old lol) that "fussy time means bed time." My hubby doesnt tolerate fussiness...It's not gonna hurt them to cry. If anything, it builds their lungs
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 2:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you can give your baby a blanket now they can cry their self to sleep at any age
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009