Any suggestions for surviving 1st trimester sickness?

Eh, this is my 3rd pregnancy and I really don't remember feeling this nauseus with my first two. It also feels like time is standing still ugh I am only 7 weeks.

LILKIMMY

Asked by LILKIMMY at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• try to eat smaller meals more often and lots of snacks and water. basically try to keep food in your tummy at all times. but dont stuff your face. at motherhood maternaty they had these lolipops for morning sickness thats something you could check out! good luck.
    JenRose09

Answer by JenRose09 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• With both of my pregnancies I found that keeping saltine crackers and water near me at all times helped alot. Anytime I would start to feel nauseated I would munch on a couple of crackers and drink a small amount of water. That usually did the trick for me but I know it doesn't work for everyone.
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 3:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Saltine crackers helped me big time!
    trendy4you

Answer by trendy4you at 3:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• coca cola helped me, and saltines... just eat what you can, i would puke then be hungry (gross) but right after puking i could hold it down, think my system knew i needed to...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 3:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I drank Ginger Ale and it helped a little. But, I found that working out helped...I know, you probably don't feel like it, but it makes it so much better. Also, eat 6 small meals a day. Like breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, and snack.
    mybrowneyedboys

Answer by mybrowneyedboys at 3:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• McDonald's french fries and chips were the only thing I could keep down for 3 months with Olivia. I couldn't even stomach toast, it was terrible. I would sit and wait for Ryan to bring me fries.

Hopefully it ends soon for you. Hang in there.
    CoolBeans

Answer by CoolBeans at 3:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I used ginger ale and McD's fries. Also if you are able to.Unisom.My doctor gave me the ok for this.So if you have an afternoon to yourself take one.It helped.Hopefully this will pass soon.
    kimmykat

Answer by kimmykat at 4:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I did the same ....I ate smaller meals and lots of healthy snacks in between with Dakota.... I had to keep something in my stomach at all times or I would get sick...I also kept a bottle coke around and drank a few sips when I started feeling sick ...My mom told me in her time coke was a medicine for nausea (it was even bottled in a medicine bottle)......it always helped me ....of course I didnt drink much at a time because i hated drinking them while pregnant ...also anything sweet would make me sick after I ate it ...I stayed completly away from candy and anything sweet....I had morning ,noon and night sickness the entire 9 months with her....lol so I had alot of time to try things.....LOL....GOOD LUCK!!!!
    NoahandKodasMom

Answer by NoahandKodasMom at 5:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ginger snaps, sprite and saltines. also skittles, weird i know! but if i got to hungry then i would pop a few in my mouth, the sugar helped ha ha!
    Brookey

Answer by Brookey at 7:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009