engagement ring advice

Ok so me and my boyfriend have wanted to get married for a while now..ive been trying to find an engagement ring setting that i like. I know that i want a solitaire setting and have white gold. He has the diamond and it is round cut. What kind of setting would you suggest? What setting is your engagement/wedding ring?

SaraNicole715

Asked by SaraNicole715 at 2:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just go to the jewerly stores..I thought that I just wanted a plain engagement ring setting until we went and look at the rings....I too have a diamond that I am using...
    Go look...the ones that you like will be pointing at you ::)))
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• That round diamond would be beautiful with a 6-prong setting.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• look for quality of the diamond over the size. that 1 1/2 carat might seem more impressive than the 1 carat, but if the cut, color, and clarity of the 1 ct is superior, it will be a better diamond and it will be more beautiful and more valuable later on.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i wanted a princess cut cause i think of myself as one but they have a setting called the tulip that is pretty but it means a lot of different things to jewlers. why aren't they all on the same page. also diamonds don't go up in price after bought like teri4lance said they go down and really it's a waste of money. i thought of getting a diamond from those companies that make real diamonds. although they are still pricey as well. i hope your bf got a conflict free diamond. meaning no women children or men were killed for digging them or enslaved to dig the diamond
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Definitely browse through jewelry stores to see the options for your stone.

I don't have a diamond ring - just a special wedding band - so I can't help you much.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• lol diamonds don't depriciate. you might pay too much, but that's your fault. over the long term, you are far better off investing in a smaller diamond that is superior than a big one that is inferior.
    in other words - you may be able to get a 1.5 carat for the same price as a 1, but if the 1 carat is of superior quality - it's a better purchase. plus it will be prettier.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 3:19 PM on Jan. 21, 2009