Have you ever dated a man who has trust issues ......

ps. my question mark is not working..^

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• yes but we have moved passed that now thank god. i didn't trust him either, so we broke up for 6 months then we both decided the only way we can fully love each other is just give it up and trust each other. it's a decision really, to trust someone or not. i never saw it that way at first, but when i decided to make the transition, it really helped. i would feel untrusting then remind myself nope i can't feel this way, its trust or the deal's off!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2012

• I got pregnant by one... Lucky me
    christinkie

Answer by christinkie at 12:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Ummm no, not really. Weird, huh?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Yes I did....it ended very badly. He would get pissed at me for going to work and going to class because I just had to be cheating on him (I worked with all women) and I honestly couldn't even give you the name of 1 guy in any of the classes I was taking. I was more focused on passing them. He ended up threatening me and trying to attack me because I broke up with him because I couldn't handle it anymore. I was completely miserable because he also tried to isolate me from my family and friends...I ended up needing to live with a family friend for awhile and then moving to another state changing my number, making my myspace and fb pages private, and blocking him from my email.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 1:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• I forgot...I had to do all that because he turned into a stalker.
    AF4life

• ...continued from above...... those boundaries from the immediate start ! If I had fed into his trust issues by defending myself then when I suddenly set boundaries, it probably would have caused more trust issues....as in "what's all this about? You're different all of a sudden....you're seeing someone new, aren't you?" If I find myself entering the dating scene again, I would not even consider dating someone with trust issues again...it worked out this time, but to be very honest it is one helluva dangerous game to play....and I won't play again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Sadly, I've always been the one with trust issues.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 6:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Yes I have! Thankfully I was in a good spot in my life, just realizing my own self worth which helped me to set boundaries...I refused to feed his trust issues by constantly defending myself. I also consistently made myself unavailable by phone and I told him that these issues where his, not mine and if he wanted a relationship with me he was going to have to accept that I wasn't going to feed into those issues...I won't kid you, if I had to live through it again, I'm not sure I would have stuck it out so long....I really saw so much in him as a human being and loved him dearly so I stuck it out and in this case I'm glad I did....things changed for him and our life together the last 3 years have been really good (first 3 were difficult)....but that is a very rare case in my experience...trust issues run very very very deep and its often part of their core. I also don't believe he would have been successful if I hadn't set
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• we all do
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Yes and than ditched him.

Answer by gemgem at 8:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2012