Have you ever dated a man who has trust issues ......

ps. my question mark is not working..^

Asked by gwen20 at 12:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2012 in Relationships

• yes but we have moved passed that now thank god. i didn't trust him either, so we broke up for 6 months then we both decided the only way we can fully love each other is just give it up and trust each other. it's a decision really, to trust someone or not. i never saw it that way at first, but when i decided to make the transition, it really helped. i would feel untrusting then remind myself nope i can't feel this way, its trust or the deal's off!

Answer by lizzybee44 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 4, 2012

• I got pregnant by one... Lucky me

Answer by christinkie at 12:32 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Ummm no, not really. Weird, huh?

Answer by 3libras at 12:36 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Yes I ended very badly. He would get pissed at me for going to work and going to class because I just had to be cheating on him (I worked with all women) and I honestly couldn't even give you the name of 1 guy in any of the classes I was taking. I was more focused on passing them. He ended up threatening me and trying to attack me because I broke up with him because I couldn't handle it anymore. I was completely miserable because he also tried to isolate me from my family and friends...I ended up needing to live with a family friend for awhile and then moving to another state changing my number, making my myspace and fb pages private, and blocking him from my email.

Answer by AF4life at 1:31 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• I forgot...I had to do all that because he turned into a stalker.

• ...continued from above...... those boundaries from the immediate start ! If I had fed into his trust issues by defending myself then when I suddenly set boundaries, it probably would have caused more trust in "what's all this about? You're different all of a're seeing someone new, aren't you?" If I find myself entering the dating scene again, I would not even consider dating someone with trust issues worked out this time, but to be very honest it is one helluva dangerous game to play....and I won't play again.

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Sadly, I've always been the one with trust issues.

Answer by katiemomNY at 6:05 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Yes I have! Thankfully I was in a good spot in my life, just realizing my own self worth which helped me to set boundaries...I refused to feed his trust issues by constantly defending myself. I also consistently made myself unavailable by phone and I told him that these issues where his, not mine and if he wanted a relationship with me he was going to have to accept that I wasn't going to feed into those issues...I won't kid you, if I had to live through it again, I'm not sure I would have stuck it out so long....I really saw so much in him as a human being and loved him dearly so I stuck it out and in this case I'm glad I did....things changed for him and our life together the last 3 years have been really good (first 3 were difficult)....but that is a very rare case in my issues run very very very deep and its often part of their core. I also don't believe he would have been successful if I hadn't set

Answer by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• we all do

Answer by smiley745 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 4, 2012

• Yes and than ditched him.

Answer by gemgem at 8:04 AM on Mar. 4, 2012