when will get the point?

so my cousin and i are 4 mos apart and weve been best friends since i can remember. I had a baby 7 mos ago and for my whole pregnancy she was sooo supportive. well im young and she is too obviously and now all she ever does is get on me about never going out. i love being home with my peanut and its so rewarding but she always complains. she never spends time here with my baby (her goddaughter) but constantly yells at me for never drinking. i go out often for a drink but i never get drunk because as you ladies know we have babies to take care of! she just doesnt get it and i dont know how to approach her with hhow mad i am that she constantly downs me and tells me how old i act and stuff like that...any advice

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 3:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah tell her to shut her trap..you are a mother now with responsibilites..
    She may just be missing you but you are doing the right thing.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• You are doing the right thing! Good for you! Just talk to her and tell her that when the baby came it changed your priorities. Let her know that she is still important to you, but partying and drinking isn't. Hopefully she'll get it. If not, at least you tried.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 3:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• She is like how we all were before having babies. You can't really understand how it changes your life til it happens to you. Somehow you need to find a way to explain all that to her or just accept that she is going to pout and complain when you don't hang out with her.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i would just tell her that your not the same person as you were before which is true you are a mother now with a life that is not entirely your own. you live your life around your baby and that is just how it's going to be. i would try to find her a new friend. my best friend and i are 10 yrs apart. i feel bad that i don't see her or spend time with her anymore but i was never much into drinking and partying like she is but i miss going out with her. fact is i'm not the same free willing person i was before before i got married and had a baby.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The baby comes first now. Its that simple.No explanations necessary.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 3:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• she's right, you should spend more time with her, after all, she is your cousin. you need to go out with her and get smashed at least once a week. find a sitter and party like a rock star, so much so that you won't even remember you have a baby. after all, you are young, live it up girl!! I go out and drink so much that I can't even remember my name. if i lived near you I'd drag you out and make get hammered.
    Anonymous