I need to clean my walls HELP

What is the best way to clean/wash your walls mine are awfull little finger prints all over I want to wash the whole wall any tips? I need toget this done soon I am due March 2nd
Thanks

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 3:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Someone once wrote on here that they use a clean mop.
    Anonymous

• That's the only thing I use those sponge mops for.... cleaning walls.... but I'd run a dry mop with pledge first or you'll wind up pushing around wet dust (mud) and it'll streak.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 3:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• If your walls are white, and latex (NOT flat) paint, you can use soft scrub. That's what I use. You don't want to do that if it's flat paint though, falt paint is almost impossible to clean. I did it with Magic Erasers though, and minimal paint came off. If it's colored paint, You'll probably have to just stick with soap and water.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it will take a lot of them. but mr. clean magic erasers are the best thing on this earth
    RenaJean

Answer by RenaJean at 9:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I use a mix of white vinegar & water w/a bit of tea tree oil in it. Spray it on, let is soak a few seconds, then wipe it off. I once cleaned about 50 years worth of grime off of a handrail in my grandfather's house - the handrail looks brand new now. I was actually cleaning the walls (they look great, btw, and no hard scrubbing) and got some on the handrail and when I wipe the drip off, whoa!, a clean spot...lol...so I did the whole rail after I finished the walls. The vinegar mix didn't harm the paint and if a child licks the wall, it's safe.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• It depends on the type of paint on the walls. I had an eggshell finish on my hallway ways and it got filthy. I re-painted with semi-gloss latex and they have looked great for a couple of years. Semi-gloss is easy to just wipe down.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 11:14 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I use these shammy-type clothes. With really hot water you barely need any type of detergent or soap. They are fantastic. You can wipe down walls with little effort and it cleans any sticky dirty surface with ease. Mine are so old that the tags don't have the brand name on them anymore. But they have a spandex type of material in the cloth.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009