What are my options for controlling labor pain??

I do not want to have another epidural due to a bad experience. What other methods do you know of??? I want to be informed before I decide to have another baby!!

trendy4you

Asked by trendy4you at 3:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can look into hypnobirthing or the Bradley method. I found for me that I sank into each contractions and focused on one spot. The more you fear labor, the more your body releases the chemicals that make you feel pain.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• First off, avoiding a hospital is a pretty good way to manage pain. Laying on your back and not having free roam is the most PAINFUL thing you can do during labor. I use hypno birthing. The hypno babies study coarse if great if you can afford it. Sex and being sensual with your hubby is another great pain management technique.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Look into labor positions, and natural coping mechanisms. I really think that IV drugs are awful as they will drug your baby because they pass through the placenta almost immediately upon entering your system.

Hypnobirthing is a great place to start, as is Bradley. I also recommend reading "Birthing from Within"
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009