What Do You Do About A 3mth Old Won't Go To Bed?

She woke up twice last night, and stayed up for an hour each time!
Definately not like her...
I'm exhausted and she won't go to sleep.
It's driving me nuts!

kookiekayla

Asked by kookiekayla at 12:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may be teething. She may have a cold. She may be going through a developmental leap. If it's any of these, she will probably go back to sleeping well for you soon. Until then, all you can really do is comfort her and try to soothe her back to sleep. For you, go to bed early, nap when you can, don't worry about cleaning, buy take-out food so you don't have to cook or clean up.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. If she's been sleeping well for you up to now, you have been very lucky. Mine didn't sleep all night until after 10 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Try laying her in your bed with in complete darkness and silence. This works wonderfully for my daughter, she kicks at the sheets and plays for a little bit then falls asleep. The only problem with this is that she wont sleep in her own bed, but I do get to sleep.
    Scoochiesmommy

Answer by Scoochiesmommy at 3:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• what is your daytime schedule like? How much formula is she getting during the day? I have twin boys that are on a pretty good schedule and are sleeping mostly through the night (one bottle) and for about 10 hours stright....message me and i'll help if i can! now's the best time to TEACH her and set a schedule...
    jsks826

Answer by jsks826 at 9:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I just went though this with my 3 monther. I am nursing and I will lay him beside me in my bed and nurse him on my side. he nurses just enough for comfort, then falls asleep, then I put him back to bed. good luck
    bttrfly8605

Answer by bttrfly8605 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 19, 2008