HOW DID YOU GET YOUR TODDLERS READY FOR POTTY TRAINING?

i am desperate
HELP!

gaby6286

Asked by gaby6286 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought the potty and let her play with it. If yours is old enough to help pick it out, that's a bonus!
    I encouraged her to sit on the potty (with clothes) whenever I went to the bathroom.
    As I changed her diapers I would talk about how she would go peepee and poopoo in the potty one day, just like mommy.
    I'd ask her if mommy wore diapers or panties and where did mommy go peepee.
    We read storybooks and watched DVDs about potty training.
    I let her run around without pants and got her to the potty when she started to go. After several episodes of this she made the connection between peeing and getting to the potty.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• My daughter was easy she wanted to go like me and picked it up on her own around 18 months she was fully pottied trained by 2 1/2 but my son is stubborn I tried to introduce it to him I ttalked to him about it and eventually I would put him on the potty when I would notice him about to go and it ended him in the doctors severly constipated because the doc said he was holding it not sure what to do ...seems this happens to alot of kids ....so i backed off and I talk to him about it still but i dont put him on the potty anymore .......i guess he is being a guy ....stubborn : )...... so he will let me know when he is ready just like my daughter i guess.....lol ..........
    NoahandKodasMom

Answer by NoahandKodasMom at 5:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• i just put her on the potty and the potty chair talks to her i buy her potty trainning dvds and dolls
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009