finger foods or real food for a 7 month old,

He has had saltine crackers, fruit, and today had small pieces of hubbys mac n cheese...mashed up potatoes, beans.......
what other food can i give him, i am out of ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that sounds like plenty of variety for the next few months. i wouldn't add anything new to his diet.
    Anonymous

• My baby's 9 months old, and I didn't start giving him a great deal of finger foods 'til 8 months, but the ones he started on were pinches of low-fiber bread, quartered banana slices, cheerios, puffed rice (unsweetened, no salt) and quartered, peeled grapes.

I'm doing organic foods for him, so some of my choices might seem odd, but in my "finger foods" reperatoire right now are :

Protein:
    tiny cubes of low-sodium deli turkey
    uncured hot dogs with the skins removed, cooked, quartered and cooled.
    canned black beans

Veggies:
    frozen peas, cooked and cooled
    carrots, peeled, coined, quartered, steamed and cooled
    green beans, steamed and cut up very tiny
    red potatoes, steamed, peeled and tiny-diced
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Fruits:
    apples, baked and cubed
    pears, baked and cubed
    "lite" canned fruit, made smaller (i don't want the full sugar ones or the ones with splenda, so "lite" is a happy medium)
    grapes, peeled and quartered
    banana chunks

Plus:
    cheerios
    bread
    bagels
    teething biscuits
    baby mum-mums
    beech-nut yogurt nibbles
    and the safeway brands (randall's, vons, safeway, etc) have a store brand (called O which makes me giggle) that are little dehydrated fruit bits and ONLY little dehydrated fruit bits.

I think that's everything. Oh, and I take one day and steam all his veggies and cut up all his snacks for the week, then put them in empty and washed baby food jars to store in the fridge. That way everything's ready to go when he's hungry. Takes me maybe 30 minutes, tops.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 4:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Start giving him bits of what you guys are eating. Just make sure if it's something new, he gets it for a few days as a trial before introducing another new food.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• gerber makes great snacks and there's always what you eat. just be careful of hotdogs and popcorn.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 9:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• give him mash patatos gerber graduates soft meats beans raviolys
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009