labor?

Im 36 weeks pregnant. Yetsreday i went to the doctor, and she gave me a vaginal exam to see if i was dialating. I am 1 cm dialated and after the exam i had a lot of pink fluid come out.. what is this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is it sort of mucus like? That could be your plug. Usually you lose it when you're in labor or about to go in labor. I've heard of women losing it sooner though.

With both of my children I was 2 cm dialated for the last month.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:35 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• if the OB stripped your membranes it could be your mucus plug, and honestly I would be mad about that. It doesn't mean that your in labor though. Just wait for those consistant contractions etc. Just because you loose your mucus plug and are a cm dialated doesn't mean you are in labor. I was 3 cm for weeks before i went into labor.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Pink "fluid"? you need to get back in and get checked!! Fluid is your water!! If it was mucous like then it was a normal discharge (can be pink especially after an exam) or it could be your plug.

But FLUID...you should get checked.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:39 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• hmm, was it watery or mucusy?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:52 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Hmmm...I was under the impression that 1cm is not enough dilation to strip membranes. They need to be able to get their finger through the cervix to do it....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• if it wasnt much, i;d say its just a little spotting from the exam. if it was kinda alot and watery, it might be fluid and u should have that checked
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• it was probaly from the exam
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 7:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009