should we not blame ourselves??

should we not blame ourselves for how are country has turned out? we are the ones that vote the people that are in office what ever office that maybe and yet we blame them for the problems of this country. are we not the ones that voted them in? so shouldn't we hold are selves accountable?

mrssundin

Asked by mrssundin at 3:51 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Honestly, People KNOW what they can afford.

We were told 4 years ago that we could buy a house with NO MONEY DOWN>we looked at two. One I wanted REALLY REALLY BAD. You know what we did, we read the contract. In two years our payments would have gone up around 250, I knew that there was no way to say that we could make that payment. I am so glad that we didn't.

With the job losses and surgeries that my dh has had, I can say, without a doubt, that we wouldn't have made it if we bought that house.

It OUR responsibility to know what we can afford.
    Anonymous

• Yes. But alas, we just listened to 2 full years of unrelenting "be a victim" and "look to the government for help" speeches.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Yes we should.Not only do we vote the Presidents in but we also are what makes this country what it is.I dont think Obama can do it alone nor any other president.Any President needs the support and help of the americans!Whether they agree or not!
    tomsbrandi

Answer by tomsbrandi at 3:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY NOT.

NOTHING is the individual's fault. It's all the politicians and "Washington".

Didn't you know that?

laughing

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:55 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Sadly Wimsey, while you were kidding. I think there are more people in the US that would seriously agree with you.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I do agree with that. People vote for someone for selfish or uneducated or just plain stupid reasons without doing the research to find out every bit of information on what the cadidate stands for and plans to do when in office. I think that's especially true in this last election. Our country can only be as great & strong as the leadership we put in office. Yes, we have only ourselves to blame.
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Are you serious?
    Our fault?
    You're trying to say that those people out there who lost their jobs because of drug habits, or who were arrested and now have shitty jobs, and cant pay their mortgage or feed their kids because of their addictions and now rely on foodstamps and bankruptcy and welfare checks to get by are to blame?
    You must be living in a world where a black president can do no wrong in the eyes of most.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Not trying to argue but. don't hold me accountable. Remember that this admin broaden the powers of the executive branch...all the torture we did and wiretapping etc..all the greed and corruption that happened on their watch has caused a lot of these problems...And believe me I didn't vote for Bush in 00 and tried to vote him out of office in 04..so not my fault. I did work in the Obama campaign and voted for him and also for a new democratic govenor & senator in my state. So maybe you will think I am "responsible " and give me the credit when all gets better ...huh?
    Gapeach001

Answer by Gapeach001 at 4:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Wire tapping forced people to take interest only mortgages for more than their income?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I blame the people who voted for Bush.
    Anonymous