i just had my baby a week ago and cannot go to the bathroom?

im breastfeeding and i have taken all the things they said i could take and nothing is working any suggestions on how to relieve myself and the pain?

middleangel76

Asked by middleangel76 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Health

• im sorry i was the SAME way... they gave me stool softener in the hospital and that worked a lottle but OMG it hurts huh? i just waited it out
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 4:10 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I had the same problem. Just eat a lot of Raisin Bran cereal and it will happen. I think it took like a week and a half for me. :)
    trendy4you

Answer by trendy4you at 4:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I didn't go for 2 weeks after, and when i did it was AWFUL!!!!!! i still don't go right
    Anonymous

• I was the same way. I was at 11 days when I finally was able to go (sorry for the TMI).

Try increasing your fiber and just relax. Try not to strain also. You will eventually go, the first one will be uncomfy but will get better. If you don't go in a few more days, call your OB and see what they have to say.

Oh and I too took the stool softners that the hospital gave but they did nothing for me.
    Triplestack318

Answer by Triplestack318 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 20, 2009