Help I Dont Understand

I went to court over child support this month and i just now recieved my paper work on the court hearing. i dont understand hardly anything on it. i have been hearing that he might have signed our daughter away. and i dont know but at the top part of the worksheet page stating how much i would be getting says sole custoday at the top so i dont know what that means. what is sole custody and if my baby's daddy did sign her away wouldnt i have full custody? i dont understand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• Sole Physical Custody
    If a parent has sole physical custody the child will live with that parent and may visit the other parent. Sole physical custody can be awarded to a parent when the other parent is deemed unfit to have physical custody of the child. According to the California Family Code section 3007, "sole physical custody" means that a child shall reside with and be under the supervision of one parent, subject to the power of the court to order visitation."

Contact your attorney for advice.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• the dad might want to sign away rights...but in most states unless there is another father figure to adopt her he can't. Even if he does...he'll still have to pay child support until there is another person to adopt her.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009