What is the kindest thing you have most recently

or ever done for a complete stranger? Or what is the kindest thing that a stranger has done for you?

lanckn

Asked by lanckn at 4:02 PM on Jan. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had a car accident a few months ago when it was just me and my kids in the car. When I crashed a few witnesses stopped to help me. I wasn't hurt though and go figure they were all men. I guess when a man sees it's a woman with children they feel bad.
    A couple of years ago I was having lunch with my kids and when a man was done paying for his lunch money fell out of his pocket. I picked it up and brought it to him in the parking lot. I feel bad in that way because you never know if he needs it for his kids.
    elainecat

Answer by elainecat at 4:23 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• The first day I had to take my kids to daycare, my 4 yo was carrying a bag of diapers and handed them to a mom coming out of the center. She just laughed and helped me carry all the stuff I had to bring in.

Unfortunately, I think the nicest thing I've done for a stranger lately is hold open a door. I don't get out much.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I was once in inner-city Chicago and got off at the wrong train stop. I didn't have any more cash--just debit and credit cards. But there were no ATMs around--probably because it was a crime-riddled neighborhood. An older man saw me wandering along the bus route and asked where I was going. I told him that I had no way to get cash and was walking all the way downtown to get to the main train station. He offered me a bus token from his pocket and sent me on my way. I was touched that he, who was probably not very well off, would extend such kindness and generosity to me, a hapless suburban girl.
    3are_a_blessing

Answer by 3are_a_blessing at 5:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• Last night I was at a rest area on my way home from MD. I had just spent $15 at Mcdonalds (you know how expensive rest stops are) as soon as I walk out the door this girl tells me about her car not having any gas and she really needs money. I only had $4 left so I gave it to her. Her mom said the 4 hours they've been out there in the cold asking for money no one gave them any. Then she says something about no white ppl would even gave them money and the inauguration is tomorrow (that really threw me off) I just gave them what i had left and went to feed my kids. I figure either way it goes I will be blessed for helping others
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 6:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2009

• I found someone online who couldn't afford a gift for their daughter. While my finances are in the crapper, I bought a gift for the girl and had it delivered. Call me Santa. ;-) I'm a big believer in Karma, so when I can, I do...
    frankiesmom125

Answer by frankiesmom125 at 7:11 PM on Jan. 20, 2009